The Venus GX provides intuitive control and monitoring for all Victron power systems. The list of Victron products that can be connected is endless: Inverters, Multis, Quattros, MPPT solar chargers, BMV battery monitors, Lynx Ion + Shunt and more.
VRM Online Portal
All readings are forwarded to our free remote monitoring website: the VRM Online Portal. See also the screenshots below.
Remote Console on VRM
The way to access the device for setting up, as well as monitoring, is via Remote Console. Either via VRM, via the built-in WiFi Access Point, or on the local LAN/WiFi network.
Automatic genset start/stop
A highly customizable start/stop system. Use state of charge, voltage, load and other parameters. Define a special set of rules for quiet times, and optionally a monthly test run.
The heart of ESS – Energy Storage System
The Venus GX is the Energy Manager in an ESS system.
When connected to the internet, all data is sent to the VRM Portal. When there is no internet connection available, the Venus GX will store the data internally, up to 48 hours. By inserting a micro SD-card or USB stick, more data can be stored. These files can then be uploaded to the VRM Portal, or offline converted with the VictronConnect app, for analysis.
- Multis and Quattros, including split-phase and three-phase systems. Monitoring and control (on/off and current limiter). Changing configuration is possible (only remotely via the internet, not without an internet connection).
- EasySolar 1600VA
- BlueSolar MPPT Solar Chargers with a VE.Direct port.
- BlueSolar MPPT 150/70 and the MPPT 150/85 with VE.Can port.
- SmartSolar MPPT 150/70 and the MPPT 150/100 with VE.Can port. When multiple BlueSolar MPPTs or SmartSolar MPPTs with VE.Can are used in parallel, all the information is combined as one. See also our blog-post about synchronizing multiple MPPT 150/70 solar chargers.
- BMV-700 family can be connected directly to the VE.Direct ports on the Venus GX. Use the VE.Direct Cable for this. BMV-600 family can be connected to the VE.Direct ports on the Venus GX. Requires an accessory cable.
- Lynx Ion + Shunt
- Lynx Ion BMS
- Lynx Shunt VE.Can
- Skylla-i battery chargers
- NMEA2000 tank sensors
- A USB GPS can be connected to the USB port. The data is sent to the VRM Portal for tracking purposes. The map on VRM will show the latest position.
- Fronius PV Inverters
When more than two VE.Direct products must be connected, USB can be used.
The Venus GX can be connected to internet with an Ethernet cable and via Wi-Fi. The Venus GX has no internal cellular modem: there is no slot for a sim-card. Use an off-the-shelf GPRS or 3G router instead. See the blog post about 3G routers.
Tank level inputs
The tank level inputs are resistive: connect them to a resistive tank sender. Such tank senders are not supplied by Victron. The tank level ports can each be configured to work with either European tank senders (0 - 180 Ohm), or US (240 - 30 Ohm).
- The Venus GX can automatically update itself from the internet, when there is a new software version available.
- Multiple languages: English, Czech, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Dutch, Russian, Swedish, Turkish, Chinese, Arabic.
- Use the Venus GX as a Modbus-TCP gateway to all connected Victron products. See our Modbus-TCP FAQ for more information.
- Powered by the Venus OS – embedded linux.
Victron Energy Limited Warranty Policy
Victron Energy warrants its products to be free from defects in workmanship and materials for a period of 5 years from the date of purchase by the end user, with a maximum of 66 months from the Victron Energy invoice date. Exceptions on this are: lead acid batteries; 2 years from date of purchase by the end user, with a maximum of 30 months from the Victron Energy invoice date, Lithium-ion batteries; 3 years from date of purchase by the end user. In addition to this proof of correct battery usage is required when making a battery warranty claim.
During this period, Victron Energy will, at its option, repair or replace the defective product free of charge. The warranty does not include performing or reimbursing de‐installation, transportation and re‐installation. This warranty will be considered void if the unit has suffered any physical damage or alteration, either internally or externally, and does not cover damages arising from improper use like:
• Reverse of battery polarity.
• Inadequate connection.
• Mechanical shock or deformation.
• Contact with liquid or oxidation by condensation.
• Use in inappropriate environment (dust, corrosive vapor, humidity, high temperature, biological infestation...).
• Breakage or damage due to lightning.
• Connection terminals and screws destroyed or other damages, like overheat, due to insufficient tightening.
• For any electronical breakage except due to lightning (reverse polarity, over‐voltage due to external cause), the state ofthe internal control diode and of the inputs/output X and Y capacitors determine the warranty.
This warranty will not apply where the product has been misused, neglected, improperly installed, or repaired by anyone else than Victron Energy or one of its authorized Qualified Service Partners. In order to qualify for the warranty, the product must not be disassembled or modified.
Repair or replacement are our sole remedies and Victron Energy shall not be liable for damages, whether direct, incidental,special, or consequential, even caused by negligence or fault.
Victron Energy owns all parts removed from repaired products. Victron Energy uses new or reconditioned parts made by various manufacturers in performing warranty repairs and building replacement products. If Victron Energy repairs or replaces a part of a product, its warranty term is not extended. In case of replacement the new component has a warranty of 6 months, without effect on the initial warranty period. All remedies and the measure for damages are limited to the above. Victron Energy shall in no event be liable for consequential, incidental, contingent orspecial damages, even if having been advised of the probability of such damages. Any and all other warranties expressed or implied arising by law, course of dealing, course of performance, usage of trade or otherwise, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are limited in duration to a period of two (2) years from the date of purchase.
Life Support Policy
As a general policy, Victron Energy, does not recommend the use of any of its products in life support applications where failure or malfunction of the Victron Energy's product can be reasonably expected to cause failure of the life support device or to significantly affect its safety or effectiveness. Victron Energy does not recommend the use of any of its products in direct patient care. Victron Energy will not knowingly sell its products for use in such applications unless it receives in writing assurances satisfactory to Victron Energy that the risks of injury or damage have been minimized, the customer assumes all such risks, and the Liability of Victron Energy is adequately protected under the circumstances.
As a product requires service, it must be brought back to the place of purchase. In case no contact can be taken with the merchant, or if he is either unable or not allowed to provide service, direct contact should be taken with Victron Energy.
Warranty on Repairs
The warranty period on products or on printed circuits boards repaired by Victron Energy as well as on printed circuit boards for replacement is 6 months from delivery by Victron Energy.
It is the responsibility of the sender to sufficiently package these products. The transport must be organized in a way to avoid any damage, especially when a single unit or heavy unit is sent.
If a part of the terms and conditions set out above is held invalid, void or unenforceable due to any particular national or international legislation, it shall not affect other parts of the terms and conditions remaining.
For Australia only
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.