Scope of this Policy
Our warranty policy applies to items that were functioning correctly at the time of delivery but have since become faulty. If an item is faulty or incorrect at the time of delivery or if you've changed your mind upon receipt, please refer to our Returns Policy.
As an Australian business, we abide by the Australian Consumer Law. It stipulates that a product must be safe, durable, free from defects, fit for purpose, acceptable in appearance, match its description, and match any sample or demonstration model.
Warranty on our Products
Every product we sell comes with a manufacturer's warranty, which is included in each product's specifications on our website. In case of minor issues with a product, we may offer a free repair instead of a replacement or refund. For significant problems, we will provide a refund. We are dedicated to working closely with our customers to provide the best possible solution according to their needs and will strive to be as flexible as possible in our approach.
To make a warranty claim, the following conditions must be met:
- A proof of purchase (i.e., the invoice showing payment for the product) must be provided;
- The warranty applies only to the original end user of the product and is not transferable;
- The warranty period is not extended or renewed as a result of a warranty repair or replacement;
- The warranty applies only to items purchased through Solar 4 RVs or our authorised resellers.
The warranty is void if the defect or fault is due to:
- Failure to install or operate the product according to the instructions;
- Inappropriate use of the product or use for purposes other than its intended design;
- Neglect, careless handling, or mistreatment of the product;
- Accidental damage to the product;
- Tampering with any part of the product or its attachments, including safety tags, labels, or markings;
- Contamination or damage to the product by foreign materials or inappropriate cleaning agents;
- Unauthorised repairs or modifications;
- Changes in the product's condition or performance due to incorrect storage, installation, application, maintenance, environmental factors, or other influences.
Any damage to property, personal injury, direct or indirect loss, consequential losses or other expenses are not covered to the extent permitted by law. All warranties, unless stated by the manufacturer, require the end user to cover postage costs for returning the faulty product to Solar 4 RVs for assessment and repair. If the fault is due to a manufacturing defect and the product is repaired or replaced, Solar 4 RVs will cover the return postage costs to the customer.
How to Make a Warranty Claim
IMPORTANT: Contact us before taking any action. It's crucial that you leave the product in place so we can discuss the issue. This allows us to:
- Discuss any tests you can perform;
- Try to determine the extent and root cause of the problem;
- Eliminate potential issues with connected items such as cables or connectors.
This is particularly important for solar panels. If you've already removed the solar panels from their installation site before making a warranty claim, we won't be able to consider the claim. This is because damage can occur to the panels during the removal process, and it won't be possible to identify the original cause of the problem or fault. Here's how to proceed with your warranty claim:
- We'll first try to understand how and why the product is faulty by asking some questions and guiding you through some simple tests, investigations, assessments, or analyses that you can perform;
- We'll likely need photos of the product in its installed location, particularly for solar panels;
- After identifying the cause of the fault, we'll guide you through the next steps to resolve the issue.
We're committed to providing the highest level of customer service, and we'll work diligently to resolve any issues under warranty quickly and effectively.