1. Scope of this policy
This policy covers items that were working at the time of delivery but subsequently have become faulty.
If the item is faulty or incorrect at the time of delivery or you have changed your mind on receiving the items then please refer to our Refund and Exchange Policy.
Australian Consumer Law states that “a product must be safe, durable, free from defects, fit for purpose, acceptable in appearance, match its description and match any sample or demonstration model” (www.consumerlaw.gov.au). This does not prevent us offering more than is required by law - we take pride in offering an exceptional after-sales service.
3. Warranty on our products
The manufacturer’s warranty is included with the product specifications for each product on our website.
If you have a minor problem with a product we may choose to give you a free repair instead of a replacement or refund. When you have a major problem with a product, we will provide you with the choice of a replacement or refund. We will always endeavour to liaise with you to provide the best possible solution according to your needs an dbe as flexible as possible in our approach.
4. Warranty Conditions
- The invoice showing payment for the product must be provided as a proof of purchase when a warranty claim is made;
- The warranty is only offered to the original end user of the product and is not transferable;
- The warranty period is not renewed or extended as a result of a warranty repair or replacement;
- The warranty only applies to items purchased through Solar 4 RVs or authorised re-sellers.
The warranty is void if the defect or fault is caused by:
- Failure to install the product according to the instructions;
- Failure to operate or maintain the product according to manufacturer instructions;
- Inappropriate or improper use of the item for purposes other than that for which it was designed;
- Neglect, carelessness, mistreatment or poor handling of the item;
- Accidental damage of the item;
- Tampering or alterations to any part of the item or its attachments including safety tags or labels or markings;
- Contamination or damage to the item by foreign material, inappropriate cleaning agents, corrosive liquids or the like;
- Repairs, alterations or modifications performed by a third party without the consent of Solar 4 RVs;
- Changes in the condition or operating abilities of the product resulting from incorrect storage, incorrect installation, incorrect application, incorrect maintenance, environmental factors, or other influences.
5. Warranty Exclusions
Any damage to property, personal injury, direct or indirect loss, consequential losses or other expenses are not covered to the extent permitted by law.
6. How to make a warranty claim
If you believe your product is faulty or defective due to improper manufacture please contact us to make a warranty claim.
We will try to establish how and why the product is faulty by asking some questions and by talking you through some simple tests that you could perform. We may also request photos of the product in situ.
IMPORTANT: the warranty claim can not be considered if you have already removed solar panels from their installation site as damage can occur to solar panels during the removal process and it will not be possible to ascertain the cause of the problem/fault/damage.
The product may need to be returned to Solar 4 RVs for testing and possible repairs. If the evidence (for example photos of solar panel cell) clearly indicated a fault then Solar 4 RVs will arrange for the item to be returned to our workshop (at no cost to the customer) so we can conduct further testing. If it is not clear that the problem/fault/damage is a warranty issue then the return of the product for assessment may be necessary at the customers expense.
If the product is deemed not to be faulty when assessed/tested in our facility you may choose to have the product returned at your cost.