PLEASE READ ITEM 6 BELOW CAREFULLY BEFORE UNINSTALLING AND RETURNING ANY PRODUCT
1. Scope of this policy
This policy covers items that were working at the time of delivery but subsequently have become faulty.
If the item is faulty or incorrect at the time of delivery or you have changed your mind on receiving the items then please refer to our Refund and Exchange Policy.
Australian Consumer Law states that “a product must be safe, durable, free from defects, fit for purpose, acceptable in appearance, match its description and match any sample or demonstration model” (www.consumerlaw.gov.au).
3. Warranty on our products
The manufacturer’s warranty is included with the product specifications for each product on our website.
If you have a minor problem with a product we may choose to give you a free repair instead of a replacement or refund. When you have a major problem with a product, we will provide you with the choice of a replacement or refund. We will always endeavour to liaise with you to provide the best possible solution according to your needs and be as flexible as possible in our approach.
4. Warranty Conditions
- The invoice showing payment for the product must be provided as a proof of purchase when a warranty claim is made;
- The warranty is only offered to the original end user of the product and is not transferable;
- The warranty period is not renewed or extended as a result of a warranty repair or replacement;
- The warranty only applies to items purchased through Solar 4 RVs or authorised re-sellers.
The warranty is void if the defect or fault is caused by:
- Failure to install the product according to the instructions;
- Failure to operate or maintain the product according to manufacturer instructions;
- Inappropriate or improper use of the item for purposes other than that for which it was designed;
- Neglect, carelessness, mistreatment or poor handling of the item;
- Accidental damage of the item;
- Tampering or alterations to any part of the item or its attachments including safety tags or labels or markings;
- Contamination or damage to the item by foreign material, inappropriate cleaning agents, corrosive liquids or the like;
- Repairs, alterations or modifications performed by a third party without the consent of Solar 4 RVs;
- Changes in the condition or operating abilities of the product resulting from incorrect storage, incorrect installation, incorrect application, incorrect maintenance, environmental factors, or other influences.
5. Warranty Exclusions
Any damage to property, personal injury, direct or indirect loss, consequential losses or other expenses are not covered to the extent permitted by law.
All warranties, unless stated by the manufacturer, are back to base warranties. This means the end user must pay the postage costs to return the faulty product for assessment and repair to Solar 4 RVs. If the item is repaired or replaced by Solar 4 RVs the postage for the replacement item back to the end user must also be covered by the end user.
6. How to make a warranty claim
IMPORTANT: Call us first before doing anything. It is essential you leave the product in-situ (in place) so we can talk through the problem. It enables us to:
- talk through any testing the customer can conduct
- try to establish the extent of the problem and the root cause
- allows us to eliminate other connected items such as cable, connectors etc
This is particularly important for solar panels. The warranty claim cannot be considered if you have already removed solar panels from their installation site as damage can occur to the panels during the removal process and it will not be possible to ascertain the cause of the problem/fault/damage.
- We will try to establish how and why the product is faulty by asking some questions and by talking you through some simple testing, investigations, assessments, analysis that you could perform;
- We will probably need photos of the product in situ, particularly solar panels;