Solar 4 RVsTM incorporating Solar 4 BoatsTM and Solar 4 IndustryTM is a multi-award-winning company that is publicly acknowledged as the leader in solar systems for mobile applications including caravans and boats. The family business operates across Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific from their showroom, warehouse and offices in the Melbourne suburb of Rowville.
- Winner: Optus My Business Award in the category Australian 'Retail Business of the Year' November 2017
- Finalist: Women in Industry Awards June 2016
- Winner: Optus MyBusiness Awards in the category 'Sustainability Initiative of the Year’ November 2015
- Winner: 3AW Momentum Energy Small Business Success Award - July 2015
- Selected: 2015 Victorian Government Face of Small Business - August 2015
- Featured: business.vic.gov.au website as small business success case study
We specialise in supplying both the public and businesses with quality mobile solar power solutions for caravans/RVs, marine, trade, commercial and industrial applications.
We source the latest technology products ensuring they are robust and lightweight, including thin, flexible solar panels and Lithium batteries.
The family business operates from their showroom, warehouse and offices in the Melbourne suburb of Rowville. The premises also has a workshop with testing facilities. Owner/Director Phil is an electrical/electronic engineer and is supported by consultations with son Chris who is a qualified electrician. The team is also supported by a 12V specialist with over 30 years experience and extensive knowledge of installing solar on caravans.
Why Choose Solar 4 RVs
in solar power for mobile applications ensuring products are robust, lightweight, compact and efficient for their size; many of them specifically designed for use in mobile vehicles or boats. We stock the largest range of flexible solar panels in Australia.
We use the latest technology
and have the technical competence to back-up our products and service. We select quality products that are cost effective, efficient and reliable.
We assist you
to choose the appropriate combination of products to meet your specific needs. Our Solar Power Estimate Calculator (SPEC) lets you identify your power usage and the combination of products that match your needs.
We can provide everything you need
to install a solar system including solar panels, solar controllers, cable, connectors, inverters, chargers, batteries and much more. You can buy a kit or individual products.
Our qualified team
ensures we maintain our standards and focus on quality improvements. Our Electrical/ Electronics Engineer undertakes considerable research and conducts testing on the products we sell to ensure they are robust and suitable.
about your ultimate satisfaction with the solar system or product that you obtain and aim to ensure it best meets your needs. Our reputation is important to us and want you to have a positive experience before, during and after you purchase.
Our customer service
approach recognises that everyone has a different level of knowledge and different needs. We take the time to provide a personalised service and our after sales and warranty service is second to none.
We can provide a design service
to assist the public, manufacturers and industry to analyse their power needs and to choose the right combination of products to meet your specific circumstances.
Who can you trust?
With solar becoming more popular there are many online sellers adding solar products to their shopping cart. The more information you acquire and the more knowledge you gain before making a purchase the better, however, there are many innacurate and unreastic claims about performance of various products so ensure they are genuine and are substantiated with facts from reliable sources.
- "Is the product/system robust and suitable for your particular application?"
- "Is it value for money?" Even though a product may sound impressive and is priced cheaply is it the best value for money? For example an MPPT solar charge controller has maximum power point tracking whereas a Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) solar charge controller does not. This may mean you would need to increase your solar panel size by up to a third to get the same amount of power. You won't be saving money if you buy a product that won't last or the performance does not meet your needs.
- "Is it lightweight enough for your towing weight?"
- "Will it fit into/onto the space you have available?" (we can provide custom sizes)
- "Is it easy to install?" "Will you be provided with instruction?"
- "Will it link into your existing equipment?" "Are all the products compatible?"
- "Will it meet your power consumption needs?"
- "Will you receive after sales advice and support?"
- "Will any warranty claims be dealt with appropriately?"
We guarantee that there will be NO gimmicks, false claims or pressure to buy. Our reputation depends on it.