eArche by Sunman is the next generation thin solar panel with a five year manufacturer's warranty for mobile applications and a 10 year warranty for buildings.
eArche (pronounced e-Arc) is a robust, lightweight, flexible solar panel that is perfect for caravans, motorhomes, boats, golf carts, trains, buses and other applications.
- Lightweight and thin yet strong
- Flexible or rigid options
- Tested for durability and reliability
- Versatile: grid or off-grid applications
What makes them different?
The manufacturers warranty is 5 years for mobile applications and 10 years for permanent structures.
The output warranty is the same as high grade rigid solar panels used on buildings: above 80% of the original power by the 25th year.
- The eArche is made with a Patent Pending composite material similar to those used in airplane windows and is about 75 percent lighter than conventional photovoltaic panels.
- Edging options protect the layers of the panels. The panels can have a lightweight anodised aluminium 6mm thin frame or 20mm standard frame or 8mm EPDM rubber edging.
- The textured surface is extremely tough.
- The only lightweight solar panels approved by the Clean Energy Council for grid connection in residential and commercial applications yet they don't have a heavy, rigid frame or glass.
- eArche has obtained a series of certifications for reliability, including:
The strict Japan Electrical Safety & Environment Technology Laboratories (JET);
The International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) which is widely recognised quality standard certifications throughout the solar industry;
CE mark indicatings the panel meets the minimum European Union requirements for Electro Magnetic Compatibility (EMC) compliance;
CSA International certification for Canada and U.S.
Approval by Australia's Clean Energy Council;
The Clean Energy Council (CEC) maintains the database and website listing of AS/NZS 5033-compliant photovoltaic (PV) modules for grid-connected commercial and residential applications. (Note: CEC approval is not required for solar panels on RVs and boats and other mobile applications as they are not connected to the grid.)
eArche lightweight solar panels are available in various sizes and edging options:
1) no edge
2) 8mm thickness EPDM rubber edging
This option provides a lightweight bendable edge protection for the panel. The flexibility of this panel enables installation on curved surfaces. Installation via high bond double sided adhesive tape or adhesive sealant provides a low profile secure bond.
3) 6mm thin lightweight black anodized aluminium alloy frame
This option provides support without thickness. These panels have some flex but are not bendable. This allows installation on thin, lightweight aluminium channels for an air gap. High bond double sided tape can also be used for a low profile installation.
4) 20mm thickness standard lightweight black anodized aluminium alloy frame
This option provides additional strength and rigidity without weight. They have no flexibility thereby providing excellent support for such a lightweight thin panel. Installation with brackets can provides an air gap. These are not kept in stock but can be ordered in.
The image on the left below shows the configuration of junction boxes on the 105W, 160W and 180W.
The image on the right below shows the junction box on the 50W panel.
Important - please note
- The 50W panel is 6.2 volts. 3 x 50W panels installed in series equals the voltage of one 160W panel.
- The 105w panel is 12.7 volts. 2 x 105 panels installed in series will increse the voltage to over 18 volts.
- Putting 105w and a 50w in series will also increase the voltage to over 18 volts.
|No. of cells||40 (4 x 10)||36 (4 x 9)||24 (4 x 6)||12 (2 x 6)|
|EPDM rubber edge
1705 x 666 x 6
1546 x 666 x 6
1070 x 669 x 6
1070 x 346 x 6
|Thin aluminium frame
1730 x 690 x 6
1566 x 686 x 6
1090× 689 × 6
1090 x 366 x 6
|Standard aluminium frame
1705 x 666 x 20
1546 x 666 x 20
1070 x 669 x 20
1070 x 346 x 20
|Max power voltage (Vmp)||21.4||19.1||12.7||6.2|
|Maximum Power Current (Imp)||8.42||8.38||8.27||8.07|
|Open-circuit Voltage (Voc)||26||23||15.4||7.6|
|Short-circuit Current (Isc)||8.88||8.88||8.73||8.52|
|Module efficiency (%)||15.9||15.5||14.8||13.5|
|Cell Type||Monocrystaline silicon|
|Panel thickness without frames||2.2 mm|
|Junction box height above panel surface||16 mm|
|Cable type||PV1-F, 4mm2 (tinned copper)|
|Cable length||negative cable 0.5 metres, positive cable 0.2 metres|
|Operating temperature (℃)||-40 ℃ to 85 ℃|
|Maximum system voltage||600 V DC (IEC)|
|Maximum series fuse rating||20A|
|Application Class||Class A|
|Power Tolerance||0/+5 W|
STC: Irradiance 1000W/m2, Cell temperature 25℃, AM=1.5.
Larger sizes available - call us on 0488 918 910 or 03 97 63 33 63
History of eArche
University of NSW PhD graduate Dr Zhengrong Shi, known as the “Sun King”, is the founder of Sunman and the revolutionary eArche lightweight, thin and solar flexible panel.
At the launch in 2017 Dr Shi stated that the key to eArche’s success was in getting the right optics – the material had to be transparent, durable, waterproof and flexible. He said there was also a “good thermal match” between silicon and this composite material, which avoids cracking.
Conforming to curves means that unlike traditional solar panels they will blend into the top of a structure rather than be a raised add-on.