eArche by Sunman is the next generation thin solar panel with a five year manufacturer's warranty for mobile applications and a 10 year warranty for buildings.
eArche (pronounced e-Arc) is a robust, lightweight, flexible solar panel that is perfect for caravans, motorhomes, boats, golf carts, trains, buses and other applications.
- Lightweight and thin yet strong
- Flexible or rigid options
- Tested for durability and reliability
- Versatile: grid or off-grid applications
Scroll down for sizes and specifications
What makes them different?
The manufacturers warranty is 5 years for mobile applications and 10 years for permanent structures.
The output warranty is the same as high grade rigid solar panels used on buildings: above 80% of the original power by the 25th year.
- The eArche is made with a Patent Pending composite material similar to those used in airplane windows and is about 75 percent lighter than conventional photovoltaic panels.
- Edging options protect the layers of the panels. The panels can have a lightweight anodised aluminium 6mm thin frame or 20mm standard frame or 8mm EPDM rubber edging.
- The textured surface is extremely tough.
- The only lightweight solar panels approved by the Clean Energy Council for grid connection in residential and commercial applications yet they don't have a heavy, rigid frame or glass.
- eArche has obtained a series of certifications for reliability, including:
The strict Japan Electrical Safety & Environment Technology Laboratories (JET);
The International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) which is widely recognised quality standard certifications throughout the solar industry;
CE mark indicatings the panel meets the minimum European Union requirements for Electro Magnetic Compatibility (EMC) compliance;
CSA International certification for Canada and U.S.
Approval by Australia's Clean Energy Council;
The Clean Energy Council (CEC) maintains the database and website listing of AS/NZS 5033-compliant photovoltaic (PV) modules for grid-connected commercial and residential applications. (Note: CEC approval is not required for solar panels on RVs and boats and other mobile applications as they are not connected to the grid.)
eArche lightweight solar panels are available in various sizes and edging options:
1) Frameless - no edge
No edge on the 2mm panel provides a thin, low profile installation with good flexibility. Avilable in 100W and 160W
2) 8mm thickness EPDM rubber edging
This option provides a lightweight bendable edge protection for the panel. The flexibility of this panel enables installation on curved surfaces. Installation via high bond double sided adhesive tape or adhesive sealant provides a low profile secure bond. Available in 50W
3) 6mm thin lightweight black anodized aluminium alloy frame
This option provides support without thickness. These panels have some flex but are not bendable. This allows installation on thin, lightweight aluminium channels for an air gap. High bond double sided tape can also be used for a low profile installation. Available in 50W and 180W.
|No. of cells||72 (6×12)||60 (6×10)||40 (4×10)||36 (4×9)|
|Frameless (no edge)|
|Dimensions (mm):||n/a||n/a||n/a||1502 x 660 x 2|
|EPDM rubber edge|
|Weight:||n/a||n/a||3.6 kg||3.2 kg|
|Dimensions (mm):||n/a||n/a||1705 x 666 x 6||1546 x 666 x 6|
|Thin aluminium frame|
|Weight:||7.7 kg||6.6 kg||4.1 kg||n/a|
|Dimensions (mm):||1979 ×1019 × 6||1662 × 1019 × 6||1730 x 690 x 6||n/a|
|Max power voltage (Vmp)||38.5||32.1||21.4||19.1|
|Max Power Current (Imp)||8.45||8.42||8.42||8.38|
|Open-circuit Voltage (Voc)||42.7||39||26||23|
|Short-circuit Current (Isc)||8.96||8.88||8.88||8.88|
|Module efficiency (%)||16.1||15.9||15.7||15.5|
|Junction box location||2 underneath panel||2 on top of panel
Please note for the sizes listed below:
- The 50W panel is 6.2 volts. 3 x 50W panels wired in series provides18V.
- The 105W panel is 12.7 volts. Two 105W panels wired in series provides 25.4V.
- The 105W plus a 50W wired in series will provide 18.9V.
|No. of cells||36 (4 x 9)
|24 (4 x 6)
|12 (2 x 6)
|Frameless (no edging)|
|Dimensions (mm):||1254 x 553 x 2||n/a||n/a|
|EPDM rubber edge|
|Dimensions (mm):||n/a||1070 x 669 x 6||1070 x 346 x 6|
|Thin aluminium frame|
|Dimensions (mm):||n/a||1090× 689 × 6||1090 x 366 x 6|
|Junction box location||2 on top (+ and -)||2 on top (+ and -)||1 on top (both + and - in one JB)|
|Max power voltage (Vmp)||19.0||12.7||6.2|
|Max Power Current (Imp)||5.27||8.27||8.07|
|Open-circuit Voltage (Voc)||23.5||15.4||7.6|
|Short-circuit Current (Isc)||5.67||8.73||8.52|
|Module efficiency (%)||15.0||14.8||13.5|
STC: Irradiance 1000W/m2, Cell temperature 25℃, AM=1.5.