Australian Government Digital Taskforce video 2018
Date Posted:4 April 2018
In January 2018 Solar 4 RVs welcomed a film crew from the Australian Department of Industry, Innovation and Science to share our experiences regarding adopting digital technology.
The department selected 11 businesses across Australia to interview as case studies for their Digital Taskforce which is chaired by entrepreneur Mr Mark Bouris AM.
The taskforce examined how small business can be supported to take advantage of the opportunities that the digital economy offers reports their findings to the federal government.
The subsequent Small Business Digital Taskforce video of the interview conducted with Solar 4 RVs is now on the Australian Government Department of Industry, Innovation and Science website.
Utilising digital technology has provided the following benefits to Solar 4 RVs:
1. We have broadened our customer reach by enabling online purchases.
2. It saves time by eliminating or reducing manual repetitive tasks allowing time to focus on other aspects of the business.
3. We can work anytime, anywhere by having access to real-time data when out of the office.
4. It has added value to the business in both monetary terms and professionalism.
Improving digital engagement has the potential to significantly improve small business productivity in Australia, and help create an economy that is strong and dynamic. Small business across a diverse range of industries, locations and sizes in Australia are adopting digital technology as part of their businesses and four benefits are clear:
- ‘going digital’ saves a small business time
- ‘going digital’ provides small business with the flexibility and mobility to work anywhere, anytime
- ‘going digital’ can increase a small business’ revenue by reaching new customers and markets
- ‘going digital’ can protect a small business’ investment.