12V CALB 489Ah Lithium Battery & 250A Daly Smart BMS
12 x 3.2V EV grade LiFePO4 CALB lithium cells assembled in a 326Ah 12.8V configuration using CALB 163Ah cells and a Daly Smart BMS with Bluetooth and balancing. Designed and manufactured by Solar 4 RVs.
The design has several advantages:
- Cells separated to avoid leakage current
- Pessure on cells to aid lifespan
- No glue / tape on cells so pack is serviceable
- BMS can be bypassed in an emergency or swapped out quickly
- You can see exactly what you're getting
285mmH x 540mmL x 210mmW including the BMS and cables.
Weight - 44.2kg
Why 163Ah Cells?
The 163Ah cells are CALB highest grade cells designed for electric vehicles, which is known for fast charges and high surge currents with nearly full cycles per day, the most difficult of applications. These cells use a ceramic coated case along with ultra high purity materials to make the highest quality cell, a new cell typically tests between 171 - 173Ah.
Click the "Download Manual" icon under the main image for the full cell specifications.
- Continuous Discharge Current of cells: 1C (489A) - Continuous Discharge Current of BMS: 250A
- Pulse Current: 3C (1,467A)
- Maximum Continuous Charge Current: 1C (489A) - Continuous Charge Current of BMS: 250A
- Recommended Charge Current 0.6C (300A)
- 4,000 cycles in nominal conditions when cycled between 100% (3.65V) to 0% (2.5V) until 80% of original capacity
- Qualified for RoHS and CCC with high safety
- Anti-explosion safety valve
- Aluminium shell for better cooling
- Ceramic membrane used to enhance safety
- High density - 160Wh/Kg
- High charge/discharge rates
- Expected to operate for more than 4,000 cycles in optimal working conditions
- Using top quality (A-level) protective integrated circuit IC, from Seiko of Japan. The IC itself has power a balancing function. The circuit is simple and reliable
- Strong load ability, high constant discharge current, using high voltage tolerant and ultra low resistance power MOSFETs. Daly's extra large heat sinks and sealed thermal coating greatly assist cooling
- Voltage detection for each cell so each cell will be protected from over charge or over discharge. The over current and short circuit protection function is a built-in feature to preserve the life of both the BMS and cells.
- Temperature protection during charging and discharging
- Extremely low power consumption. The consumption of the whole device is between 50 - 600uA depending on the model without Bluetooth. While the Bluetooth module is on, 15mA.
- Program via UART to PC cord or let Solar 4 RVs know your battery capacity and we can program the unit for you
- Look up SMART BMS by DalyBMS on the Android Play Store or iOS App Store
- Monitor state of charge
- Current in/out
- Power in/out
- Charge/discharge MOSFETs open/closed
- If balancing
- Individual cell voltages, overall voltage, maximum cell voltage, minimum cell voltage, differential voltage
8 Year Limited Warranty on CALB Cells and 3 Year Limited Warranty on Daly BMS
The primary purpose of this Warranty is to clearly define the matters related to warranty policy of the CALB cells.
2. Warranty Condition
2-1. Warranty Period
The Performance Warranty for the CALB cells is valid for 8 years from the invoice date.
2-2. Limitation of Warranty scope
Liability under this Warranty shall be limited to replacement, repair, refund and compensation. Replaced or
repaired Products shall be warranted for the remainder of the original Term of Performance Warranty. In any event, the
replacement shall not justify the renewal of the Term of Performance Warranty.
2-3. Exclusion of Warranty
Damage to the Products resulting from any of following activities is NOT covered by this Limited Warranty:
- Improper transportation, storage, installation or wiring by Buyer
- Modification, alteration, disassembly, repair or replace by someone other than authorised personnel
- Noncompliance with official installation manual
- External influences including unusual physical or electrical stress (power failure surges, inrush current, lightning,
flood, fire, accidental breakage, etc.)
- Use of an incompatible inverter, rectifier or PCS.
3. Performance Warranty (Standard)
The product retains at least 80% of Nominal Energy for the either 8 years after the
date of the invoice date when the battery system is operated under a normal use followed by the specification and the manual.
The term “Nominal Energy” herein means the initially rated capacity of the Products as printed on the label of the
Products. The precondition of the valid 8 year Performance Warranty shall be as follows:
(i) The ambient temperature during the operation of the Products shall not fall out of range of the cell specifications in the data sheet
(ii) The energy throughput is less than values in table below:
Capacity measurement condition:
- Ambient temperature: 25~30℃
- Initial battery temperature from BMS: 25~30℃
- Charging/discharging method
- Charge: (0.5)CC/CV (Constant voltage (3.65)V, Cut-off current (0.03)C)
- Discharge: (0.5)CC (Cut-off voltage (2.5)V)
- Current at (0.5)C: (80)A
- Current and voltage measurement at battery DC side
4. Out of Warranty Policy
Product damage which is not caused by seller, a charged service can be provided, including all the expenses of such
as material cost, labor cost, warehouse cost, transportation cost, customs duties, analysis cost, management cost,
corporate profits, disposal expense(If necessary) and so on.
5. About Service Products/Parts
Service products/parts are able to be used as new or refurbished condition which performance is equal to or higher
than defective Products.
In the event the Products are not available in the market anymore, the parts may be replaced with a different kind
of product with equivalent functions and performances or refund the remaining annually depreciated value of the
purchase price of the Products during the Term of Performance Warranty as the Compensation Scheme below. The
purchase price mentioned hereinabove means the list price actually paid by the Buyer for the purchase.
- Compensation Scheme in the unlikely case replacement cells are no longer available -
CLASS I : 100% of the purchase price from the initial installation date to 24th month
CLASS II : 75% of the purchase price from 25th to 36th month
CLASS III : 60% of the purchase price from 37th to 48th month
CLASS IV : 45% of the purchase price from 49th to 60th month
CLASS V : 30% of the purchase price from 61st to 72nd month
CLASS VI : 15% of the purchase price from 73rd to 84th month
CLASS VII : 5% of the purchase price from 85th to 96th month
No warranty of performance will be provided from the 96th month
Daly guarantee a 3-year product warranty, if the damage is caused by improper operation, we will conduct the repair with charge. The warranty does not cover shipping costs, the cost of shipping both to and from the user must be paid for by the user.
The assembly of the cells and BMS is a free service Solar 4 RVs supplies and the warranty provided covers the individual components, not as a single unit. Therefore, if a BMS failure were to occur, a replacement BMS would be supplied under warranty, likewise if a single cell were to fail, a replacement cell would be supplied to the user. Solar 4 RVs will replace any faulty cell or BMS into an assembly as a free service if the end user returns the assembly back to base.