RADpower Premium flexible solar panels by Solar 4 RVs are:
- Highest efficiency - made with genuine A grade SunPower cells (no seconds);
- Premium quality - ETFE top layer for UV resistance and textured surface for extra robustness;
- Lightweight - no glass or frame;
- Thin - only 3mm thickness;
- Sealed junction boxes to prevent moisture penetration that can cause corrosion;
- Easily installed - via adhesive sealant, high bond double-sided tape (no mounting brackets required);
- Eyelets or zips can be easily added.
STC: Standard Test Conditions: Incident sunlight of 1,000 W/m2, cell temperature of 25°C, Air mass 1.5.
Some sizes are now only available in the PremiumPlus range (the dimensions will be the same but the output is higher)
- The 100W Premium is now 110W in the PremiumPlus range
- The 110W Premium is now 120W in the PremiumPlus range
- The 125W Premium is now 135W in the PremiumPlus range
- The 140W (still available here) is also available as 150W in the PremiumPlus range
The Sunpower company limits the size of flexible solar panels manufactured using their cells to 150W. The failure rates for larger panels increases due to mechanical and thermal stresses on the panel.
The advantages of ETFE technology
ETFE (Ethylene-Tetra-Fluoro-Ethylene) is a high-strength fluorine polymer that is corrosion and stain resistant, non-stick self cleaning, and retains its clarity (and therefore light transmittance) ensuring long service life for solar panels.
It will not discolour or degrade from exposure to environmental pollution, UV light, harsh chemicals or extreme temperature variations. The textured surface offers an extra layer of protection and robustness and provides a small increase in efficiency due to its anti-reflective properties, which means more light passes to the cells.
The importance of using genuine A grade SunPower cells
Solar panels containing SunPower E20® series cells developed in the US are the highest efficiency panel available on the market today, providing more power in the same amount of space. Efficiency refers to the percentage of sunlight hitting the panel that gets converted into electricity therefore a higher panel efficiency means that the panel can generate more power. These cells capture significantly more sunlight and conduct more electrical current than other solar cells. Our manufacturer is one of only a few manufacturers in China that has certification from SunPower and access to genuine SunPower cells and provides the SunPower certificate of origin.
These Monocrystalline PhotoVoltaic (PV) flexible solar panels carry the Solar 4 RVs brand RADpower logo so we are very focused on consistent quality and reliability.
Our manufacturer has a clear understanding of our Australian quality expectations and customer needs. They manufacture to our specifications for each order we place. This ongoing professional relationship and communication facilitates reliable and consistent stock quality. We have visited the quality in China as part of our continuous improvement and quality control program.
We do not purchase other ‘grades’ of cheaper off-the-shelf panels that may have overlapping, damaged or inferior cells, sharp edges, unsealed junction boxes or silicone partially blocking cells near the junction box.
Our support and warranty service is unmatched.
These buyer guides may assist you: