Victron SmartSolar MPPT 150/85-Tr VE.CanSmart programmable high efficiency ultra-fast MPPT
Free AusPost shipping for orders over $100 on most items to most areas. Calculate shipping in cart for more details.
Victron main page: https://www.victronenergy.com/solar-charge-controllers
Check Victron site for features specific to each model
Overview of Victron BlueSolar and SmartSolar MPPT Charge Controllers
Feature highlights common to all models
• Ultra-fast Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT)
• Advanced Maximum Power Point Detection in case of partial shading conditions
• Outstanding conversion efficiency
• Natural convection cooling (except for the 150/70 and 150/85 CAN-bus models)
• Automatic battery voltage recognition
• Flexible charge algorithm
• Over temperature protection and power derating when temperature is high.
SmartSolar and BlueSolar:
• SmartSolar models have Bluetooth built-in
• BlueSolar models can be made Bluetooth accessible by connecting a VE.Direct Bluetooth Smart dongle. Advantage: the products are not accessible when no dongle is connected.
Low Power models with load output
• See the appendix of the respective manuals for load output disconnect and reconnect options, including BatteryLife algorithm.
Day/night timing and light dimming on the low power models with a load output
• Use the VE.Direct TX digital output cable, and VictronConnect to configure.
Virtual load output, including day/night timing and BatteryLife algorithm on the higher power models
• Use the VE.Direct TX digital output cable and connect to a BatteryProtect or a solid state relay. Use VictronConnect to configure.
• MPPT Control: connects to all models with a VE.Direct port, except the BlueSolar MPPT 70/15. (Does not connect to the 150/70 and 150/85 CAN-bus models)
• SmartSolar Control Display: a plug-on display compatible with all models 150/45 and higher. Both displays can be connected to one controller simultaneously
• Color Control GX and other GX devices: see the GX product family on our website
• VRM website: see the VRM portal documentation on our website.
Remote firmware updating
• See VRM: Remote firmware update on our website. To access the above-mentioned documents: press the search button on our website and enter the appropriate search word.
Victron Energy Limited Warranty Policy
Victron Energy warrants its products to be free from defects in workmanship and materials for a period of 5 years from the date of purchase by the end user, with a maximum of 66 months from the Victron Energy invoice date. Exceptions on this are: lead acid batteries; 2 years from date of purchase by the end user, with a maximum of 30 months from the Victron Energy invoice date, Lithium-ion batteries; 3 years from date of purchase by the end user. In addition to this proof of correct battery usage is required when making a battery warranty claim.
During this period, Victron Energy will, at its option, repair or replace the defective product free of charge. The warranty does not include performing or reimbursing de‐installation, transportation and re‐installation. This warranty will be considered void if the unit has suffered any physical damage or alteration, either internally or externally, and does not cover damages arising from improper use like:
• Reverse of battery polarity.
• Inadequate connection.
• Mechanical shock or deformation.
• Contact with liquid or oxidation by condensation.
• Use in inappropriate environment (dust, corrosive vapor, humidity, high temperature, biological infestation...).
• Breakage or damage due to lightning.
• Connection terminals and screws destroyed or other damages, like overheat, due to insufficient tightening.
• For any electronical breakage except due to lightning (reverse polarity, over‐voltage due to external cause), the state ofthe internal control diode and of the inputs/output X and Y capacitors determine the warranty.
This warranty will not apply where the product has been misused, neglected, improperly installed, or repaired by anyone else than Victron Energy or one of its authorized Qualified Service Partners. In order to qualify for the warranty, the product must not be disassembled or modified.
Repair or replacement are our sole remedies and Victron Energy shall not be liable for damages, whether direct, incidental,special, or consequential, even caused by negligence or fault.
Victron Energy owns all parts removed from repaired products. Victron Energy uses new or reconditioned parts made by various manufacturers in performing warranty repairs and building replacement products. If Victron Energy repairs or replaces a part of a product, its warranty term is not extended. In case of replacement the new component has a warranty of 6 months, without effect on the initial warranty period. All remedies and the measure for damages are limited to the above. Victron Energy shall in no event be liable for consequential, incidental, contingent orspecial damages, even if having been advised of the probability of such damages. Any and all other warranties expressed or implied arising by law, course of dealing, course of performance, usage of trade or otherwise, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are limited in duration to a period of two (2) years from the date of purchase.
Life Support Policy
As a general policy, Victron Energy, does not recommend the use of any of its products in life support applications where failure or malfunction of the Victron Energy's product can be reasonably expected to cause failure of the life support device or to significantly affect its safety or effectiveness. Victron Energy does not recommend the use of any of its products in direct patient care. Victron Energy will not knowingly sell its products for use in such applications unless it receives in writing assurances satisfactory to Victron Energy that the risks of injury or damage have been minimized, the customer assumes all such risks, and the Liability of Victron Energy is adequately protected under the circumstances.
As a product requires service, it must be brought back to the place of purchase. In case no contact can be taken with the merchant, or if he is either unable or not allowed to provide service, direct contact should be taken with Victron Energy.
Warranty on Repairs
The warranty period on products or on printed circuits boards repaired by Victron Energy as well as on printed circuit boards for replacement is 6 months from delivery by Victron Energy.
It is the responsibility of the sender to sufficiently package these products. The transport must be organized in a way to avoid any damage, especially when a single unit or heavy unit is sent.
If a part of the terms and conditions set out above is held invalid, void or unenforceable due to any particular national or international legislation, it shall not affect other parts of the terms and conditions remaining.
For Australia only
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.