Victron SmartSolar MPPT 150/85-MC4Smart programmable high efficiency ultra-fast MPPT
Free Fastway shipping for orders over $500 on most items to most areas. Calculate shipping in cart for more details.
Victron main page: https://www.victronenergy.com/solar-charge-controllers
Check Victron site for features specific to each model
Overview of Victron BlueSolar and SmartSolar MPPT Charge Controllers
Feature highlights common to all models
• Ultra-fast Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT)
• Advanced Maximum Power Point Detection in case of partial shading conditions
• Outstanding conversion efficiency
• Natural convection cooling (except for the 150/70 and 150/85 CAN-bus models)
• Automatic battery voltage recognition
• Flexible charge algorithm
• Over temperature protection and power derating when temperature is high.
SmartSolar and BlueSolar:
• SmartSolar models have Bluetooth built-in
• BlueSolar models can be made Bluetooth accessible by connecting a VE.Direct Bluetooth Smart dongle. Advantage: the products are not accessible when no dongle is connected.
Low Power models with load output
• See the appendix of the respective manuals for load output disconnect and reconnect options, including BatteryLife algorithm.
Day/night timing and light dimming on the low power models with a load output
• Use the VE.Direct TX digital output cable, and VictronConnect to configure.
Virtual load output, including day/night timing and BatteryLife algorithm on the higher power models
• Use the VE.Direct TX digital output cable and connect to a BatteryProtect or a solid state relay. Use VictronConnect to configure.
• MPPT Control: connects to all models with a VE.Direct port, except the BlueSolar MPPT 70/15. (Does not connect to the 150/70 and 150/85 CAN-bus models)
• SmartSolar Control Display: a plug-on display compatible with all models 150/45 and higher. Both displays can be connected to one controller simultaneously
• Color Control GX and other GX devices: see the GX product family on our website
• VRM website: see the VRM portal documentation on our website.
Remote firmware updating
• See VRM: Remote firmware update on our website. To access the above-mentioned documents: press the search button on our website and enter the appropriate search word.