The polycrystalline solar cells used in the SXp series are electrically connected using ultra-thin copper wires that form a very fine mesh on the cell surface, resulting in thousands of contact points. This alternative to the standard bus-bar method allows a higher module power and increases the energy yield. This technology is optimally suited to flexible modules, due to its intrinsic insensitivity to microcracks, that are the most common cause of energy loss in solar modules. Another advantage is a reduced sensitivity to shading, a quite important issue in marine and mobility applications. The new connection technology, together with the use of high efficiency polycrystalline silicon cells, makes SXp panels especially powerful and reliable.
- High resistance to mechanical stresses thanks to the thin wires thick mesh on the cell surface
- Flexible and lightweight (2.2 kg/m2)
- Completely waterproof and resistant to salt water
- Thin (less than 2 mm)
- 5 year Solbian warranty against manufacturing defects
- Integrated bypass diodes to minimise output losses associated with partial shading
- Charge 12V, 24V, 36V or 48V batteries, lead-acid or lithium, using a Genasun boost charge controllers
- Designed and manufactured in Italy
Please see attached PDF.
5 years worldwide warranty