Solbian SXp Polycrystalline series
The polycrystalline solar cells used in the SXp series are electrically connected using ultra-thin copper wires that form a very fine mesh on the cell surface, resulting in thousands of contact connected points.
This alternative to the standard bus-bar method allows a higher module power and increases the energy yield.
This technology is optimally suited to flexible modules, due to its intrinsic insensitivity to micro-cracks, that are the most common cause of energy loss in solar modules.
Another advantage is a reduced sensitiveness to shading, a quite important issue in marine and mobility applications. The new connection technology, together with the use of high efficiency polycrystalline silicon cells, makes SXp panels especially powerful and reliable.
5 year worldwide manufacturer's warranty
Sizes and speecifications:
- High resistance to mechanical stresses thanks to the thin wires thick mesh on the cell surface
- Flexible and lightweight (2.2 kg/m2)
- Completely waterproof and resistant to salt water
- Thin (less than 2 mm)
- IEC 61215 and IEC 61730 certified
- 5 year warranty against manufacturing defects
- Integrated bypass diodes to minimise output losses associated with partial shading
- Available with different front sheets, many fixing and electrical wiring options
- White, black or transparent back sheet
- Adaptable to any battery: from 5 to 48 volt, lead-acid or lithium
- Designed and manufactured in Italy
Day4 Energy’s laminated cell with patented Stay-powerful™ Technology, uniquely interconnects solar electric cells and collects the power they generate.
This innovation is a direct replacement of the conventional, high temperature solar cell soldering process. Cells are connected using a matrix of electrically-efficient copper wires coated with a custom, low melting point alloy. This technology guarantees high efficiency in low light conditions and wires act as a “bridge” across any interruption: if a microcrack occurs, the electron flow continues.