Morningstar EcoBoost MPPT Solar charge controller:
The EcoBoost MPPT™ solar charge controller brings Morningstar’s proprietary TrakStar Technology™ to our new line of Essentials controllers and accessories. The EcoBoost controllers automatically detect 12 or 24 V system configuration. They are highly efficient and accurate controllers designed to ensure that batteries attain a complete state of charge.
They are also sophisticated load controllers. Using this feature to manage DC power consumption protects the batteries from over discharge and helps ensure long term system reliability. Small DC loads can be powered directly from the EcoBoost by way of two USB charging ports.
Morningstar EcoBoost controllers act as the central brain of PV powered DC electrical systems up to 1,120 watts and offer outstanding value, performance and dependability.
- Rugged, Maintenance-free Design conformally coated circuit board and corrosion resistant terminals.
- Maximizes Energy Harvest
- Using TrakStar MPPT technology to determine and adjust to the true maximum power point as solar insolation changes throughout the day.
- High Efficiency at low, medium, and high power levels.
- Optional Meter provides access to system operational information including current and historical performance data. All EcoBoost “M” controllers include the meter.
- USB Charging. Two USB ports with 3 amps of shared charging capacity to charge today’s modern mobile devices.
- Self Diagnostics
- Continuous monitoring and reporting of any errors through its status LED’s, or its optional display.
- Lighting Controller uses PV array to switch at dusk and dawn.
- Load Controller connects DC loads directly to the controller. Programmable load disconnect to protect batteries.
- PV Array Flexibility enables 2 modules in series to charge a 12V or 24V battery system.