RADpower SunPower range
RADpower with the latest genuine SunPower MAXEON GEN III solar cells
These premium RADpower thin, lightweight solar panels use SunPower's latest release highest efficiency Maxeon Gen III cell so less cells are required in a flexible solar panel to obtain the same output of power. Now with an even more pronounced, tougher, textured, robust surface compared to our previous RADpower GEN II cell stock.
Sunpower Gen III cells have a higher efficency with higher voltage at a slightly lower amperage. The panel dimensions are reduced because less cells are required to obtain the same output power.
The output at higher temperatures has also been improved.
- Highest efficiency - made with genuine SunPower cells (no seconds); More power and reliability from back contact cell design. This third-generation solar cell from SunPower has efficiencies of up to 24 percent;
- Premium quality - ETFE top layer for UV resistance and textured surface for extra robustness;
- Lightweight - no glass or frame;
- Thin - only 3.5 mm thickness;
- Sealed junction boxes to prevent moisture penetration that can cause corrosion;
- Comprehensive installation instructions for canvas or hard surface
- Eyelets or zips can be easily added
Genuine SunPower Maxeon cells
RADpower panels have guaranteed genuine SunPower Maxeon cells. Our manufacturer is one of only a few manufacturers in China that has certification from SunPower to access genuine SunPower cells and they provide us with the SunPower certificate of origin.
The advantages of ETFE technology
ETFE (Ethylene-Tetra-Fluoro-Ethylene) is a high-strength fluorine polymer that is corrosion and stain resistant, non-stick self cleaning, and retains its clarity (and therefore light transmittance) ensuring long service life for solar panels. It will not discolour or degrade from exposure to environmental pollution, UV light, harsh chemicals or extreme temperature variations. The textured surface offers an extra layer of protection and robustness and provides a small increase in efficiency due to its anti-reflective properties, which means more light passes to the cells.
|Number of Cells||Voc - Open Circuit Voltage||Vmp - Maximum Power Voltage||Imp - Maximum Power Current||Isc -Short Circuit Current||
|110w||2.3||32||23||19||5.7||6||1060 x 545 *|
|120w||2.6||36||25.5||21.7||5.7||6||1200 x 545 *|
|135w||3||40||28.3||24.1||5.7||6||1330 x 545 *|
|150w||3.3||44||31.2||26.5||5.7||6||1460 x 545 *|
* add 60mm in length for square junction box
STC: Standard Test Conditions: Incident sunlight of 1,000 W/m2, cell temperature of 25°C, Air mass 1.5.
The Sunpower company limits the size of flexible solar panels manufactured using their cells to 150W. The failure rates for larger panels increases due to mechanical and thermal stresses on the panel.
Read our other buyer guides: