RADpower Multi-Mesh range
RADpower Multi-Mesh solar panels contain high performance and high reliability solar cells with Smart Wire Connection Technology (SWCT)
- Tough - UV resistant ETFE top layer
- Lightweight - 2.8kg for 130W panel
- Thin - 3mm thickness
- Flexible - Suitable for curved surfaces
- Can be stepped on with soft sole shoes
- 2m cable pre-attached
What is Smart Wire Connection Technology (SWCT)
SWCT provides energy output beyond the limitations of standard busbar technologies.
With more interconnection points than a conventional bus-bar design SWCT cells are more resistant against cell cracks or breakage.
The individual cells also adopt to curved surface so are less prone to micro-cracking.
Features of SWCT:
- No bus bars so less eletrical loss during transfer;
- Due to the dense contact matrix, the solar cells have a significantly higher efficiency. In comparison to conventional 3-busbar technology, SWCT delivers an increased performance yield of 6%;
- SWCT exhibits an increased energy yield in terms of kWh/Wp under real outdoor conditions;
- More effective power generation - dense wire mesh matrix enables increased power extraction;
- 20.6% efficiency and low light performance;
- Cells more resistant to cracking.
More Effective Power Generation
The monocrystalline solar cells used boast 20.6% efficiency and low light performance.
Long distances between bus-bars can result in more electrical loss during transfer. The unique mesh design creates short distances between multiwires increasing the electrical flow during transfer
Power generation is also less affected by cell cracks as SWCT has 7 times more interconnection points versus 4 Bus-bar cell design (2,100 point vs 300 points). This means power failure due to cracks will be minimised
Higher utilisation of light
Current is not forced to go through bars so your losses are reduced.
SWCT drives the energy output of solar modules to the next level beyond the limitations of standard busbar technologies
The dense wire contact matrix enables increased power extraction delivering an increased performance yield and strengthens its stability.
Draws heat away from cell surface on hot days
During summer, the temperture on the surface of solar cells can reach as high as 80oC. With SWCT the wires on the top and underneath can act as a heat sink and help draw heat away from the cell surface which can assist in minimising power generation loss.
The advantages of ETFE technology
ETFE (Ethylene-Tetra-Fluoro-Ethylene) is a high-strength fluorine polymer that is corrosion and stain resistant, non-stick self cleaning, and retains its clarity (and therefore light transmittance) ensuring long service life for solar panels.
It will not discolour or degrade from exposure to environmental pollution, UV light, harsh chemicals or extreme temperature variations. The textured surface offers an extra layer of protection and robustness and provides a small increase in efficiency due to its anti-reflective properties, which means more light passes to the cells.