Gioco - ultra-thin from Europe
COMING SOON - Available in eary 2020
GiocoSolutions by Fly SolarTech has developed and patented the latest generation of flexible photovoltaic panels with ”G-Wire“ technology.
These ultra-light solar panels are made with special technopolymers that give them a higher efficiency of up to 21.5% and a weight that is eight times less in comparison to the traditional rigid glass panels.
They are robust and durable enough for marine applications, camping, motorhomes, cars, trailers, trucks, buses and even shelters.
Made in Italy these flexible solar panels have a 5 year warranty reflecting their features and provide an affordable, European made, value for money option for the buyer that values quality.
- Peak efficiency: 21.5%
- Ultra-thin and lightweight: Nanoscale silicon film means the panel is less that 1/8th the weight of a traditional panel with a thickness of only 1.5mm
- Seven-layer design: Fly's own invention with new F-ETFE2 scratch-resistent and light orientation system outperforms traditional 5 layer panels.
- Tough: ETFE UV stability
- Low temperature coefficient: -0.31% / oC for extraordinary production even in hot environments
- Flexible: Highly adaptable to curves and surface shape
- Walkable: High-strength polymers provide toughness
- Crack resistent: G-Wire technology is seamless no welding cells contact. Prevents “micro-cracks” and “hot spots” by increasing the number of wires in the cell.
- Increased weather resistance: endurance in extreme temperatures and resilient against environmental hazards
- Certified: IEC 61701:2011 Salt mist - IEC 61215 10.17
- Designed and manufacturerd in Italy
Patented Solar Technology
The G-Wire technology is the flagship of Fly Solartech, with a proprietary patent, this technology is the only one in the world to combine the quality of widespread contactless welding with the scalability of technology applicable to every type of cell allowing us to be able to use any type, size, cell technology. The Gwire interconnects the front side of a cell to the back side of the next cell, ensuring proper connection from one cell to another. The superior performance of the G-Wire translates into advanced module efficiency and robustness.
The core technology of GiocoSolutions (G-Wire) is a revolutionary connection process for the production of solar modules. Standard busbars are replaced by 18/24 micro-wires that collect energy more smoothly and reinforce solar cells. The 18/24 micro-wires are positioned in a perfect manner in parallel and held in place by a transparent sheet in an above / below model. This assembly of foil-wire (FWA) is the electrical conductor, designed with surgical precision, to interconnect the solar cells and eliminate the need for Busbar. The lower resistance allows more energy to be extracted from each individual WIRE, thus increasing the power density compared to traditional panels with 4/5/6 Busbar (BB).
Impact of micro cracking
Micro-crevices (micro-cracking) has a minimal effect on G-Wire panels since the system’s protective capsule acts as a protective layer for the solar cell with a dense grid of up to 2,660 contact points. This system allows even in the case of micro-cracks or fractures of the cell to continue to convey the energy from the cell to the junction box without jeopardizing its operation.
The modules with conventional busbars have over 100 welding points which represent extreme thermomechanical stress on the cells, increasing the potential for micro-cracks and other faults that will reduce the efficiency of the panel over time. The G-Wire technology binds the micro-wires to the cells during the lamination process, eliminating any welding of cellular connection.
Watch this space for product listings