2Face - double-sided bi-facial technology
COMING SOON - Available in eary 2020
is the first semi-flexible solar panel in the world made with double-sided technology. It was designed to absorb radiation not only from the front face, but also from the underside thanks to its F-HJT cell. The double-sided cell allows greater energy generation!
Game changing, New Generation, Bi-Facial solar technology
Fly Solartech Italy revolutionises photovoltaic engineering with its new FSGE bifacial solar panel, combining semi-flexible module technology with two-sided cells to outperform any conventional panel in both efficiency and output.
- New bi-facial technology: HJT monocrystalline cells are paired with micro-amorphous silicon to capture an increased spectrum of available light
- Record-breaking efficiency: Frontal efficiency 23.1% combined with 22.5% posterior efficiency
- Ultra-thin and lightweight: Nanoscale silicon film means the panel is less that 1/8th the weight of a traditional panel with a thickness of only 1.5mm
- Seven-layer design: Fly's own invention with new F-ETFE2 scratch-resistent and light orientation system outperforms traditional 5 layer panels.
- Low temperature coefficient: -0.31% / oC for extraordinary production even in hot environments
- Flexible and bendable: Highly adaptable to curves and surface shape
- Walkable: High-strength polymers provide toughness
- Crack resistent: G-Wire technology is seamless no welding cells contact. Prevents “micro-cracks” and “hot spots” by increasing the number of wires in the cell.
- Increased weather resistance: endurance in extreme temperatures and resilient against environmental hazards
- Certified: IEC 61701:2011 Salt mist - IEC 61215 10.17
- Designed and manufacturerd in Italy
Patented Solar Technology
To create this patented technology, a crystalline silicon cell wafer is coated with layers of p-doped and N-type amorphous silicon film, and sealed with a clear, anti-reflective backsheet.
The passivating silicon layer reduces surface state density by hydrogenation, as well as fabricating record-low values for the saturation-current density. It's so effective at reducing recombination that this cell can reach energy conversion effciencies of well over 23% – a record-breaking figure compared to traditional cells.
The transparent backsheet of conductive oxide (TCO) allows reflected light to reach the rear of the HTJ cell, producing over 30% more electricity than single-sided panels.
The G-Wire technology is the flagship of Fly Solartech, with a proprietary patent, this technology is the only one in the world to combine the quality of widespread contactless welding with the scalability of technology applicable to every type of cell allowing us to be able to use any type, size, cell technology. The Gwire interconnects the front side of a cell to the back side of the next cell, ensuring proper connection from one cell to another. The superior performance of the G-Wire translates into advanced module efficiency and robustness.
The core technology of GiocoSolutions (G-Wire) is a revolutionary connection process for the production of solar modules. Standard busbars are replaced by 18/24 micro-wires that
collect energy more smoothly and reinforce solar cells. The 18/24 micro-wires are positioned in a perfect manner in parallel and held in place by a transparent sheet in an above / below model. This assembly of foil-wire (FWA) is the electrical conductor, designed with surgical precision, to interconnect the solar cells and eliminate the need for Busbar. The lower resistance allows more energy to be extracted from each individual WIRE, thus increasing the power density compared to traditional panels with 4/5/6 Busbar (BB).
Impact of micro cracking
Micro-crevices (micro-cracking) has a minimal effect on G-Wire panels since the system’s protective capsule acts as a protective layer for the solar cell with a dense grid of up to 2,660 contact points. This system allows even in the case of micro-cracks or fractures of the cell to continue to convey the energy from the cell to the junction box without jeopardizing its operation.
The modules with conventional busbars have over 100 welding points which represent extreme thermomechanical stress on the cells, increasing the potential for micro-cracks and other faults that will reduce the efficiency of the panel over time. The G-Wire technology binds the micro-wires to the cells during the lamination process, eliminating any welding of cellular connection.
Watch this space for product listings