Combo: 2 x 120W RADpower solar panel with install kit for vented gap
includes very high bond tape and polycarbonate strips
The way lightweight, flexible solar panels are installed, and the materials used, can have a profound impact on their output power and longevity. This combination of installation products is recommended to ensure the best possible output and long service life of the solar panel based on significant research, testing and field trials.
- 2 x RADpower lightweight, flexible solar panel with genuine SunPower cells and ETFE top surface, slim junction box
- 3 x Acrylic very high bond (VHB) double-sided foam tape 2.3mm thick x 12mm wide
- 42 x 8mm thick twin-wall polycarbonate cut transversely into 15mm wide strips and 535mm length
- Detailed instructions with diagrams, and photos
Benefits of using this installation method:
- The twin-wall polycarbonate strips create an air gap which reduces heat and temperature related stresses
- The very high bond tape accommodates thermal expansion differences between the solar panel and the surface it is installed on.
RADpower 110W lightweight, flexible solar panel
- Highest efficiency available - genuine Maxeon Gen III cells. SunPower has released a new higher efficiency cell so fewer cells are required in a flexible solar panel to obtain the same output of power. This means that you can purchase the same amount of watts in a panel with a more compact size. The cells are supplied directly by SunPower to our manufacturer.
- Manufactured to our specifications - All Panels are tested for EL (electroluminescence) to check that there are no invisible micro-cracks in the cells. IV curve test with flash sun simulator checks that the panel outputs the rated power.
- ETFE top layer for UV protection
- Textured surface for robustness
Twin-wall polycarbonate strips
The cross-cut strips of twin wall polycarbonate allows air flow under the panel from any direction to remove heat directly from the underside of the panel.
Acrylic very high bond (VHB) double-sided foam tape
This is a very high bond acrylic foam tape is strong and conformable, which makes it very suitable for attaching flexible solar panels to solid surfaces.
The strength of this tape has been tested in-house under a variety of conditions including extreme cold and heat.
The comprehensive document covers topics such as:
- Direction of strips
- Levelness of strips
- Panel curvature
- Placement of strips
- Spacing and number of strips
- Strips at junction box end of panel
- Handling the panels
- Do’s and Don’t of bending panels
- Protecting the panels during installation
- Installation Steps
- Junction box care
- Installing multiple panels
- Connecting up sequence
- Removing a solar panel
Product Function and Performance
Product Weight and Dimensions
Shipping Weight and Dimensions