3M 427 Aluminum Foil Tape 3.5cm wide 55m roll
High bond acrylic aluminium foil tape for solar panels
Linered version of 3M™ Aluminum Foil Tape 425
Using 3M 427 tape to attach lightweight solar panel to rigid surface
- Simple and very quick to install
- Simple and very quick to remove (and cleanly and virtually inert to surface)
- Inherent strain relief, i.e. it accommodates thermal expansion differences
- Low cost (panel can be removed after journey or out of season and re-attached when needed)
- Panel lays flat on surface
- Panel can be walked on provided roof is continuous and rigid ( as there are no discontinuities created by adhesive and strips of tape)
Periodically check the integrity of the tape bonding. Provided this is okay, the security of the panel is fine even on a vehicle at high speed. This method is not yet considered permanent as we don’t yet have sufficient long-term field experience in the use of the 3M 427 tape in this application, however, a field trial by one customer who used this method for many years over 10’s of thousands of km using an inferior lower cost fibre reinforced tape to the 3M 427 tape has not had any issues but he has needed to regularly re-attach new tape. The quality 3M 427 tape will provide logevity.
Before applying the tape, the surfaces must be clean with a final wipe with isopropyl alcohol. Application of the tape is straightforward – just ensure that it doesn’t kink and use a narrow paint roller to push the tape into the textured surface of the panel and the roof surface.
The tape can be removed without damaging the surface.
Solar 4 RVS also offers install kits for solar panels with twin-wall polycarbonate strips that attached underneath a lightweight solar panel with very high bond double sided tape providing an 8-10mm vented air gap. The twin-wall polycarbonate strips create an air gap which reduces heat and temperature related stresses which means better performance and improved longevity of the panel.
Product Function and Performance
Product Weight and Dimensions
Shipping Weight and Dimensions